The following are the core beliefs of Trinity Baptist Church based on the foundational truths taught in the Bible. All of our teaching and ministry is rooted in and flows out of these biblical doctrines.
There is one eternally existing God who has three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is the creator of all that exists, both visible and invisible, and is therefore worthy of all glory and praise. God is perfect in love, power, holiness, goodness, knowledge, wisdom, justice, and mercy. He is unchangeable and therefore is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
God has revealed himself to us through his son, Jesus Christ, who is the visible image of the invisible God, the holy scriptures, and through all of creation itself.
Humans, both male and female, were created in God's image for His glory. The first humans, Adam and Eve, were created without sin and appointed as caretakers of the rest of God's creations.
When Adam and Eve chose not to obey God, they ceased to be what they were made to be and became distorted images of God. This caused them to fall out of fellowship with God, and fractured all of creation ever since that time.
Jesus Christ came to reconcile us with God. He lived a life without sin and willingly died on the cross to pay the penalty for our transgressions. God raised him from the dead and now, by grace, offers as a free gift eternal life to all who follow Christ, by faith, as their Lord and Savior. That is why salvation can be found in Christ alone.
The Church is meant to be the visible body of Christ, sent into the world to glorify God and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is returning one day to judge both the living and the dead and to usher in the fullness of God's kingdom on earth.
Confession of Faith
In addition to our Core Beliefs, we believe in the Five Solas:
- Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The Bible alone is our sole source of authority. (Romans 10:17; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Sola Fide (“Faith alone”): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:22,27; Galatians 3:11)
- Sola Gratia (“Grace alone”): We are saved by the grace of God alone. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3:23-24, 6:14, 12:3-8; Titus 2:11-14)
- Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King. (Acts 4:12; John 14:6; 1 John 5:12)
- Soli Deo Gloria (“To the glory of God alone”): We live for the glory of God alone. (Isaiah 43:7, 48:11; John 17:4; Revelation 5:12; 1 Corinthians 10:31)